Mushroomlife is proud to release our newest culture, Cladomeris umbellata, the Umbrella Polypore, available now for the first time. This rare unicorn is not only a very interesting prospect for natural product investigations, it is also one of the most tasty edible mushrooms on the planet.
We hope you take advantage of this opportunity to work with a highly unique, rare, and delicious species, about which modern science currently knows very little.
Mushroomlife's Umbrella Polypore Culture has recently been confirmed by DNA sequencing to be 100% Cladomeris umbellata. Sequence can be made available upon request.
MushroomLife always uses the highest quality laboratory grade scientific agar available, and we also add lab grade fructose to the Cladomeris culture mix. Customers will receive a single agar dish. Cultures are examined under microscopy and or DNA analysis and will arrive clean and ready to use.
We stand by our cultures, meaning the culture you receive directly from MushroomLife will always be viable. If for some reason the culture is not viable or arrives contaminated, contact us immediately at email@example.com, attach a photo of the plate, and we promise to either replace it for free, or send your money back.
Customers of cultures, please be aware of our policies regarding culture orders, stated below:
1. We do not guarantee arrival of cultures shipped internationally. International customers must purchase at their own risk.
2. We will not re-send cultures that the post office lost free-of-charge. If you re-order again, we will send them again. It's up to the buyer to file a claim with USPS if a culture order is lost in the mail.
3. We will not replace broken cultures that USPS destroyed, free-of-charge. If you re-order, we will send them again. It's up to the buyer to file a claim with USPS if the culture is destroyed en route.
4. We do not assure survival of international or domestic cultures, as weather can be extreme in certain parts of the country, or world. Use your best judgement of when to order temperature sensitive materials like fungal cultures. We recommend tracking them with the tracking info we will provide and bring them inside immediately upon arrival and unpack promptly. This being said, we have never knowingly lost a culture due to temperature conditions, however we do leave the possibility open.
5. We kindly ask that anyone purchasing our sequenced cultures not distribute them to anyone for any reason, financial or otherwise. There are several reasons we ask this but the main one is to assure that only confirmed, clean, and vigorous cultures arrive to the intended recipient. It would certainly be unfortunate to have a sub-par dish with possible contamination or mislabeled contents arrive to someone from an unknown source with our name on it giving the consumer a bad impression, let alone the inability to get a replacement.
We thank you for your understanding of these terms and appreciate your interest as well as your work in furthering the field of mycology.